Child Nutrition Program
Does DCA offer breakfast?
Yes! We are happy to offer breakfast each morning. We serve breakfast through participation in the National Breakfast and School Lunch Program. The Texas Department of Agriculture (“TDA”) and the United States Department of Agriculture (“USDA”) guidelines are followed to meet the nutritional needs for all students.
Breakfast Break Packs
Help them start the day right! Breakfast Break packs include whole-grain cereals such as Honey Nut Cheerios®, Lucky Charms®, Fruit Loops®, Cocoa Puffs®, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch®.
- Whole grain cereals
- Topmost popular kids’ cereals
- Convenient, nutritious, and portion-controlled
- No Mess, No Fuss – package easily converts to placemat & there’s a trash bag in every case
- Field tests across the country show – kids love Breakfast BREAKS!
- Each serving (1 meal) of Breakfast Breaks provides 2-ounce equivalent grain servings and 1/2 cup fruit based on the USDA Food Buying Guide Requirements.
Does DCA offer lunch?
No. Students need to bring their own lunch each school day. Lunches must be ready to eat as no microwaves are available for the 2020-2021 school year.