Child Nutrition Program
Does DCA offer breakfast?
Yes! We are happy to offer breakfast each morning. We serve breakfast through participation in the National Breakfast and School Lunch Program. The Texas Department of Agriculture (“TDA”) and the United States Department of Agriculture (“USDA”) guidelines are followed to meet the nutritional needs of all students.
Breakfast will be available between 7:30 am - 7:50 am. Students who arrive on or after 7:50 am may take a breakfast pack to eat during their classroom snack.
Breakfast Break Packs
Help them start the day right! Breakfast Break packs include whole-grain cereals such as Honey Nut Cheerios®, Lucky Charms®, Fruit Loops®, Cocoa Puffs®, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch®.
- Whole grain cereals
- Topmost popular kids’ cereals
- Convenient, nutritious, and portion-controlled
- No Mess, No Fuss – package easily converts to placemat & there’s a trash bag in every case
- Field tests across the country show – kids love Breakfast BREAKS!
- Each serving (1 meal) of Breakfast Breaks provides 2-ounce equivalent grain servings and 1/2 cup fruit based on the USDA Food Buying Guide Requirements.
How much is breakfast?
A healthy breakfast will be offered to all students at no cost. Typically, a student's household must meet income eligibility requirements to qualify for free or reduced-price meals. However, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued guidance that allows schools to offer meals to all students at no cost of the 2021-2022 school year.
While no application or eligibility determination process is required for your student to receive free meals this school year, the income eligibility requirement will likely resume in the 2022-2023 school year.
Does DCA offer lunch?
No. Students need to bring their own lunch each school day. Lunches must be ready to eat as no microwaves are available for the 2021-2022 school year.